Tourist Spots : Rishikesh
- Location:: Dehradun, Uttrakhand (43 km from Dehradun)
- Climate:: Summer: : 20oC to 35oC Winter: 8oC to 14oC
- Ideal duration to stay:: 1 to 2 days
- Nearest airport::Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun(21 km)
- Nearest railways::Rishikesh railway station(108 km)
Rishikesh is the gate to the splendid and beautiful Himalayas of garhwal. It is also called the yoga capital of world. People around the world come here to learn yoga.
It is located at an altitude of 372 m above the sea level in the dehradun district of Uttarakhand. Rishikesh is a perfect combination of pilgrimage and adventure. There are lots of ancient temples and religious sites with lots of adventure sport like white water rafting, kayaking, bungee jumping.
During Summer weather is very hot during day but relaxing evening as situated at the banks of holy river Ganges temp range: 20oC to 35oC and winters are cold in, temp range: 8oC to 14oC. The best time to visit Rishikesh is January to December.
Places To See
- Ram jhula(2.5 km)
- Laxmanjhula(12 km)
- Raghunath temple( 1.6 km)
- Neelkanthmahadev temple(25 km)
- Muni kireti(1.3 km)
- Parmarthniketan( 3 km)
- Gita ashram(2.8 km)
- 13 manzil temple( 12 km)
- Kunjapuri temple(27 km)
- Trivenighat(1.4 km)
- Rajaji national park
- Bharat mandir(1 km)
- Kaudiyala(37 km)
- Byasi(30 km)
- Jumpin heights(22 km)
What to do in Rishikesh
- Rishikesh is a holy city situated on the bank of river ganga thus from religious point of view you can visit many temple and scared sites.
- Ganga Aarti : you can enjoy the famous ganga aarti in the trivenighat along with lots of foreigners.
- Yoga center: As it is called the yoga capital of world you can learn yoga and meditation from various yoga ashram.
- Byasi : It is the famous white water rafting destination in the country. It is located at 30 km from rishikesh. There are rapid of 3 and 4 rating. Beach camping, kayaking, rapelling, trekking.
- Waterfall trekking : There are many waterfalls in rishikesh like neergarh waterfall, Garudchatti waterfall, patna falls and phoolchati fall. Just trek with your friends and this unhidden waterfall.
- Bunjee jumping: you can enjoy this adventurous and breath taking sport at jumpin heights located at 22 km from rishikesh on neelkanthrishikesh road.
- Other activities include shopping, where you can buy colourful dresses and delicious cuisines. You can also make tattoos.
How to reach Rishikesh
Rishikeshis well connected with all the national highways providing you a winsome drive enjoying the beauty of nature. You can book a taxi or rent a car from haridwar (23 km from Rishikesh) and 43 km from State capital.
Nearest railway station: rishikesh railway station(108 km), Nearest airport: Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun(21 km).
Route to follow::
Delhi » Ghaziabad » Modinagar » Meerut » Muzaffarnagar » deoband » Roorkee » Haridwar » Rishikesh