Tourist Spots : Ranikhet
- Location:: Almora, Uttarakhand (51 km from nainital)
- Climate:: Summer: : 8oC to 22oC Winter: 3oC to 7oC
- Ideal duration to stay:: 1 to 2 days
- Nearest airport::pantnagar(180km)
- Nearest railways:: kathgodam(68km)
Ranikhet is a hill station and a tourist destination which is very famous among the sight seekers and backpacker around the year.
It is said that once kingsudhradev visit this place with his queenpadmini. She got so much mesmerized by the alluring and beckoning beauty of the place that she chooses the area for her residence and gives it name ranikhet.Nature has bestowed all its captivating and charming views to the ranikhet along with the green luxurious pine, oak and deodar forest.
It is located at an altitude of 1869 m above the sea level in the Almora district of Uttrakhand. Ranikhetis a cantonment town and Indian army military hospital (Kumaon regiment and naga regiment)
A pleasant and salubrious weather during Summer, temp range: 8oC to 22oC and winters are very cold in, temp range: 3oC to 7oC. The best time to visit Ranikhet is march to june and September to November.
Places To See
- Golf course(5 km from raniket)
- Binsarmahadev temple
- bhalu Dam orbaludham
- Haidakhan temple(4 km)
- Ashiyana Park
- Mankameshwar temple
- Rani jheel
- Jhuladevi temple (7 km from ranikhet)
- Chaubatia garden (10 km)
- Upat golf course
- Majkhali(12 km from raniket) : A famous picnic spot
- Katarmal(25 km) very old sun temple aged 800 years
Why to go for Ranikhet this season
- From religious point of view you can visit many temple and scared sites like haidhakhan temple, mankameshwar temple, jhuladevi temple.
- It is the famous golf course destination in the country. The golf course is 5 km from ranikhet. Although it is an army golf course but tourists can also access it by paying nominal fees.
- Fishing: It can be done in bhaludam but by taking permission from chief wildlife warden.
- Trekking: There are several treks which can be done in ranikhet as it provide perfect treks enjoying the beauty of nature.
- Asiyanapark: it is theme park based on jungle life built by ranikhetcantt especially for childrens.
How to reach Ranikhet
Ranikhet is well connected with all the national highways providing you a refreshing drive enjoyimg the beauty of nature. You can book a taxi or rent a car from haldwani (72 km from Ranikhet) and 343 km from nation capital.
Nearest railway station: Kathgodam, Nearest airport: Pantnagar.
Route to follow::
Delhi » Ghaziabad » Gajrola » Moradabad » Rampur » Rudrapur » Haldwani » Kathgodam » Bhimtal » Bhowali » Ranikhet