Tourist Spots : Nainital
- Location:: Nainital, Uttrakhand (22 km from nainital)
- Climate:: Summer: 10oc to 27oc Winter: 0oc to 15oc
- Ideal duration to stay:: 3 to 4 days
- Nearest airport:: pantnagar(56 km)
- Nearest railways:: kathgodam(34 km)
Nainital is the beautiful town situated in the kumaoun region of uttrakhand at an elevation of 2084 m above the sea level. It is a popular hill station which attracts all sorts of tourists including families holiday, couples holiday, group holiday, foreigner(fully packed during Christmas and new year time). It is famous for its Lake “Naini Lake” which is a peered shape Lake when viewed from some height surrounded by green peaks.
According to Hindu mythology, when charred body of sati was being carried by lord Shiva, the spot where sati eyes(Naina) fell is now known as Nainital. Presently Naina devi temple is located in north shore of the lake where goddess Shakti is worshipped.
A pleasant and salubrious weather during Summer, temp range: 10oc to 27oc and winter are sometime harsh in Nainital temp range: 0oc to 15oc. The best time to visit nainital is March to June September to November. Two famous carnival are celebrated here that are summer carnival and winter carnival. You can enjoy snowfall in the winters.
Places To See
- The Nainital lake: It is located at 0km from nainital city.
- Naina devi temple: It is located at the north shore of the lake
- The Nainital Zoo:it is around 3 km from nainital. Book a rental car or shared jeep den you can visit this place and enjoy the chirping of birds and roaring of tiger.
- Cave garden
- Naina Peak (earlier called china peak)
- Land’s End (Lovers point)
- Kilbury pangoot
Where to stay
There are many five star hotels in and around the city also there are many mid budget hotel, resort and guest house located at awesome location where can u can just sit and relax and enjoy each and every seconds of your holidays. Kumuaon mandal vikas nigam(a govt. organization) also provide budgetary accommodation(you must book room earliest during season time as hotel are booked fastly).
What to do in Nainital (recreation activities)
- Boating : you can pleasure ride of boating in the Nainital lake. Tickets can be taken from tickets counters that are all round the lake.
- Himalaya Darshan: You can have a perfect trek early morning. Visit Naina devi mandir, naina peak and other Peaks.
- Many adventurous sports activities like trekking, hiking, mountain climbing, rappelling, paragliding and camping can be done.
- Others outdoor activities include sightseeing, fishing, nature ride, bird watching.
- Shopping: You can shop around the Nainital main ground where you can buy fancy item, gifts for your loved ones n clothes from bhotia market. All famous outlets can be visited located in the Famous Mall Road. You must buy florescent candles.
- Food and drinks: all sorts of food counters are there like CCD, Domino’s, Bakery, others restraunts. If you are a Momo lover visit bhotia market.
- Ropeway: It is operated by KVMN. You can enjoy ropeway ride and enjoy the beautiful view of nainital and others peaks.
- Provide a picturesque view for all sorts of photographers
- To have a revived and rejuvenate mind, you can do meditation and yoga in peaceful environment of nainital
Places Of Interest Around Nainital
- Gerikhet: It is located at distance of km from nainital. A perfect place for trekking and Camping.
- Kilbury pangoot: It is located km from nainital famous for its adventurous sports activities.
- Sattal(26 km)
- Naukuchiatal(26 km)
- Kausani(120 km)
- Jim Corbett National park(140 km)
- Almora(63 km )
How to reach Nainital
It is well connected with all the national highways providing you a refreshing drive in the nest of nature. You can feel the change in weather at gateway of nainital (you feel like you are in heavens) You can book a taxi or rent a car from kathgodam (34 km from Nainital) or haldwani.
Nearest railway station: Kathgodam, Nearest airport: Pantnagar.