Tourist Spots : Kausani
- Location:: Kausani, Uttrakhand (54 km from Almora)
- Climate:: Summer: 10oC to 26oC Winter: 2oC to 15oC
- Ideal duration to stay:: 1 to 2 days
- Nearest airport::pantnagar(178km)
- Nearest railways:: kathgodam(145 km)
Kausani is a small village in the garud tehsil of bageshwar district of Uttrakhand. It is at an elevation of 1890 m above the sea level and 40 km from bageshwar, 52 km north of almora and 123 km from nainital. It is called as the Switzerland of India. It is surrounded by himalayan peaks like nanda devi , trishul and panchchuli.
A pleasant and salubrious weather during Summer, temp range: 10oC to 27oC and winters are sometime harsh in Kausani temp range: 0oC to 24oC. The best time to visit Kausani is March to June and September to November.
Places To See
- Kausani Tea Garden
- Baijnath temple
- Rudradhari fall
- Rudradhari Mahadev temple
- Sumitranandan pant museum
- Lakshmi ashram
- Anasakti Ashram
Where to stay
Kumaon mandal vikas nigam (a govt. organization) provide budgetary accommodation. Apart from this there are many resorts and guests houses available at reasonable cost.
Why should you opt for Kausani as next holiday destination
- There are many treks which you can opt from kausani
- Pindari Glacier Trek: This Glacier is a glacier in the upper Himalayas of kumaon, to nanda devi peak. This trail is a 90km trek that can be easily completed in 6 days.Other activities beside trek include ice climbing and mountain biking.
- Milam Glacier Trek
- Kafni Glacier trek
- Rudrahari cave templr trek
- Kausani is famous for its Organic tea garden. Just go for a hike and enjoy a hot cup of tea. You can buy also some tea
- You can visit anasakti ashram, a adobe of Mahatma Gandhi, where he spend some of his days writing ansshakti yog.
- Lakshmi ashram : only 1 km from kausani , this ashram is founded by sarla ben, gandhiji disciple in 1946. The ashram is dedicated to upliftment of women.
- Sumitranandan pant museum : A famous hindi poet “pant” born in kausani had his drafts of poems letter prizes in the museum.
- Apart from this you will have a splendid 360 view of snow capped Himalayans peaks from kausani which make u feel a invisible connection to the nature.
How to reach Kausani
Kausani is well connected with all the national highways providing you a refreshing drive in the nest of nature. If you are travelling by train (last station is Kathgodam) you can book a taxi. There is the provisions of rented cars also.
Nearest railway station: Kathgodam, Nearest airport: Pantnagar.
Route to follow::
Route 1(suggested route):: Delhi » Ghaziabad » Gajrola » Moradabad » Rampur » Haldwani » Kathgodam » Bhimtal » bhowali » Ranikhet » Majkhali » Goluchinna » someshwar » kausani
Route 2:: Delhi » Ghaziabad » Gajrola » Moradabad » kashipur » Ramnagar » amdanda » dhangadi » kumaria » bhatrojkhan » Ranikhet » Majkhali » Goluchinna » someshwar » kausani