Tourist Spots : Corbett Natinal Park
- Location:: Corbett Natinal Park, Uttrakhand
- Climate::Summer: 30oC to 40oC Winter: 4oC to 30oC
- Ideal time to visit:: Mid-June to Mid- November
- Nearest airport::Pantnagar(50 km from ramnagar)
- Nearest railways:: Ramnagar(15 km from ramnagar railway station)
Corbett National park is situated in Ramnagar in the nainital district of uttrakhand. It is the oldest national park in India and was established in 1936 as Hailey National Park, to protect the endangered species of Bengal tiger.
It has been a perfect destination for nature lovers and tourists for a long time. Tourism activity is allowed in selected portion enabling tourists to see diverse wildlife and splendid landscape.It is surrounded by dense deciduous forest covering 73% of the park and 10% is covered by grassland.
There are around 110 different species of tree, 50 species of mammals,580 species of birds and 25 species of reptiles.
The national park is divided into five different zones in order to promote tourism.
- Bijrani safari zone: A popular hub for tourist. Gate is at 01 km from ramnagar
- Jhirna safari zone: A tourist zone open round the year. Gate is at 16 km from ramnagar
- Dhela safari zone: A new ecosystem opened to tourists in reserve buffer zone. Gate is at 13 km from ramnagar
- Dhikala safari zone: Largest zone which offers best site for exotic flara and fauna.a night stay is recommended here for wildlife enthusiasts. Gate is at 18 km from ramnagar
- Durga devi zone :You can visit here for bird watching. Gate is at 36 km from ramnagar
A temperate weather during Summer, temp range: 30oC to 40oC. Winters are sometime cold but days are bright and sunny, temp range: 4oC to 30oC. It rains from July to September. The best time to visit Corbett National Park is mid-June to mid- November.
Places To See
- Jeep safari: It is most convenient and exciting way to surf around the park enjoying the flora and fauna,which can be rented from ramnagar.
- Elephant rides: You can enjoy rides of this gente animal that is too a guided tour and encounter with various animals and enjoy spectacular natural beauty.
- Walking safaris: It is possible in the buffer zone areas with trained staff enjoying the lush and dense forest and the wide variety of species.
- Treks: although tourists are not allowed to walk inside the park but they can enjoy trekking in the company of some trained guide.
- Dhikala: It is famous destination of the park, a kind of rest room which is built hundeds of years ago. One can enjoy the scenic beauty of the valley.
- Kalagarh dam: it is located in the south west zone of the park, famous for bird watching tour.lots of migratory birds comes here in winters.
- Corbett Falls: It is 25 km from ramnagar and 4 km kaladungi. The waterfall is surrounded by lush dense forest and quiet pleasant environment
- Garjiya devi temple
Where to stay
The National park houses India’s finest resort to stay in. Corbett resort and hotels are well featured well equipped with luxury amenities needed during a vacation.
Why to choose Corbett Natinal Park as your next holiday destination
- A perfect place to spend your weekend.
- Many adventurous activities like Jeep safari, Elephant rides, Walking safaris, river crossing and more.
- Others outdoor activities include fishing, nature ride, bird watching.
- Provide a picturesque view for all those who are just having their new SLR
- To have a revived and rejuvenate mind you can do meditation and yoga in peaceful environment of Corbett Natinal Park.
Bus / Car / Taxi hire in Corbett Natinal Park
How to reach Corbett Natinal Park
It is well connected with all the national highways providing you a refreshing drive in the nest of nature. You can book a taxi or rent an open jeep from Ramnagar(36 km from Ramnagar). There are many trains from delhi and Moradabad.
Nearest railway station: Ramnagar, Nearest airport: Pantnagar.
Route to follow :
Delhi » Ghaziabad» Gajrola » Moradabad » Kashipur » Ramnagar » Corbett national park
Delhi » Ghaziabad » Gajrola » Moradabad » Rampur » Rudrapur » Haldwani » Kaladungi » Ramnagar » Corbett National Park